Last updated: April 5th, 2023
Greetings and welcome to the Legal Data platform. We understand that your privacy is of utmost importance to you, and we value your trust in us to handle your information with care and prudence.Acceptance of policy
The information we learn from Participants helps us personalize and continually improve your Legal Data experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
· Information you give us
: We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), information about your legal issues and other information you provide to us.
· Automatic information
: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Legal Data or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Legal Data platform operators or on other web sites.
· E-mail communications
: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Legal Data if your computer supports such capabilities.
· Information we get from others:
We may get information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.What are the reasons for using your personal data
We will process your personal data for several reasons.
· You have given us consent: for example, where you share details for particular purposes.
· This is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
· Processing is necessary for main service business function: provided this does not override any interests or rights that you have as an individual.How we use personal information
At Legal Data, we use your personal information in the following ways:
· To operate, maintain, and enhance our sites, products, and services.
· To respond to your inquiries, comments, and questions, and to provide customer support.
· To send you important information such as confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other support and administrative messages.
· To communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news related to our products and services, as well as those offered by our selected partners.
· To safeguard against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity by investigating and deterring such incidents.
· To fulfill your requests for products and services and deliver them to you in a timely manner.How we share personal information
At Legal Data, we may share personal information in the following ways:
· With your consent, we may share personal information with others for their marketing purposes, subject to their respective privacy policies.
· In the event of a business deal or negotiation, we may share personal information as part of the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets. This can include a merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
· We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
· We may share personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations or in response to lawful requests and legal processes.
· To safeguard the rights and property of Legal Data, our agents, customers, and other individuals, we may share personal information. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and terms of service.
· In emergency situations, we may share personal information to protect the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any other person.
· We may share personal information with individuals who require it to perform work on our behalf.
· Additionally, we may share aggregated and/or anonymized data with third parties for their own purposes.Where will your information be held?
Your personal information may be transferred to a location outside your local jurisdiction or region, and the data protection laws of the destination country may not be equivalent to those in your home country. Legal Data will take measures to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws. For instance, for those who collaborate with our Ireland office, we have implemented Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) that comply with Article 46(2)(c) of the General Data Protection Regulation, as approved by the European Commission. If you require copies of the SCCs related to European data, please get in touch with us.Control over your information
If you have any requests related to your personal information, please reach out to our contact information provided below. You may request information regarding your personal information as well as updates to it.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, you may opt-out by following the instructions provided in those emails. Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still send you non-marketing emails, such as those related to your accounts or our business dealings with you.
Most web browsers allow you to remove or reject cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, please be aware that our Site may not function properly if you remove or reject our cookies, as many browsers are initially set to accept cookies by default.Security of your personal information
We are committed to keeping your information safe and secure through the implementation of physical, technical, and administrative security measures. While we strive to take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information, please note that the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure.Cookie Notice
If you wish to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies or receive a notification when you receive a new cookie, please refer to the Help feature on most browsers. However, please be aware that if you disable cookies altogether or reject our cookies, you may not be able to access certain Legal Data products and services that require you to sign in.
Under data protection law, you have rights we need to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information.
: you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your data for copies of your personal information. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process.
: you are entitled to rectify information you think is inaccurate and to complete information you think is incomplete.
: you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal data in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law.
: you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
: you may us to help you request the transfer certain of your personal data to another party.
: where we are processing your personal data based on noticed business or legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and you may challenge this. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
· Automated decisions:
you may contest any automated decision made about you where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered.
: where we are processing personal data with consent, you can withdraw your consent.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority. In the UK you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (Tel: 0303 123 1113 or at www.ico.org.uk
As described above, you can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time.
We may use the information you give us on our website or other means for direct marketing purposes to provide emails, newsletters, and other messages to keep you informed of legal developments, market insights and of our services including events that we think may interest you.
You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time. You can do this by changing your marketing preferences clicking on the "unsubscribe" link included at the end of any marketing email we send to you, or by contacting us at email@example.com
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Data reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace the Policy at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Policy, Legal Data can notify you by posting an announcement on the site. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Legal Data sole discretion. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Using any service or viewing any content following notification of a material change to the Policy shall constitute your acceptance of the Policy as modified.