43. You may purchase a Paid Subscription directly from Legal Data or through a third party either by: (a) paying a subscription fee in advance on a monthly basis or some other recurring interval disclosed to you prior to your purchase; or (b)pre-payment giving you access to the Legal Data Service for a specific time period ("Pre-Paid Period"). Tax rates are calculated based on the information you provide and the applicable rate at the time of your monthly charge.
If you purchase access to a Paid Subscription through a third party, separate terms and conditions with such third party may apply to your use of the Legal Data Service in addition to this Agreement.
44. If you buy any of our paid Services, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services. Also, you agree that,
· Legal Data uses the Stripe system (Stripe Payments UK, Ltd) to process payments. We do not store or share any personal information associated with a payment (like Credit Card number, owner, or expiration date). Some information available in Stripe is stored on Stripe as part of the transaction history, therefore we can also store Stripe transaction ID.
· By accessing or using out paid Services, you agree to be bound by this Terms & Conditions and in the Payment Services Agreement
on the official Stripe United Kingdom website, as the same may be modified by us or Stripe from time to time.
· Stripe provides Authorised Payment Services, which means that these are services that the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority has authorised to provide. To find out which services are listed, click here
. We use Stripe as our Payment Method Acquirer.
· Some Payment Methods require redirection to the Internet Banking page. If you use the Internet Bank Payment Method, you need to verify that the redirection has occurred by displaying the bank's URL in the address bar of your browser and you are able to view the security certificate for the bank's Internet Bank page.
· The final charge, including all taxes, will be displayed before the order is made. The amount of VAT, which may be added to the charge, will be added depending on the location and legal entity of the purchaser.
· Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
45. Legal data is not responsible for the operation of the Stripe payment system. In the event of problems during the payment process, please contact the Stripe payment processor directly.Price and tax changes
46. Legal Data may from time to time change the price for the Paid Subscriptions, including recurring subscription fees, the Pre-Paid Period (for periods not yet paid), or Codes (defined above), and will communicate any price changes to you in advance on reasonable notice. Price changes will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. Subject to applicable law, by continuing to use the Legal Data Service after the price change takes effect, you will have accepted the new price. If you do not agree to a price change, you can reject the change by unsubscribing from the applicable Paid Subscription prior to the price change going into effect.
47. Tax rates are based on the rates applicable at the time of your monthly charge. These amounts can change over time with local tax requirements in your country, state, territory or even city. Any change in Tax rate will be automatically applied based on the account information you provide.Renewal and Cancellation
48. With the exception of Paid Subscriptions for a Pre-Paid Period, your payment to Legal Data or the third party through which you purchased the Paid Subscription will automatically renew at the end of the applicable subscription period, unless you cancel your Paid Subscription before the end of the then-current subscription period. Contact our Customer Support team here firstname.lastname@example.org
for instructions on how to cancel. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free version of the Legal Data Service. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial subscription periods, except as expressly stated in this Agreement.Withdrawal right
49. If you have purchased a Paid Subscription using a Code, your subscription will automatically terminate at the end of the period stated in the Code, or when there is an insufficient pre-paid balance to pay for the Legal Data Service.
50. I f you sign up for a Free Plan, you agree that the right to withdraw the Paid Subscription for which you receive a Free Plan ends when the Trial Period ends. If you don't cancel the Paid Subscription before the Trial ends, you lose your right of withdrawal and authorise Legal Data to automatically charge you the agreed price each month until you cancel the Paid Subscription. However, Legal Data has the right to refuse to accept such authorization for automatic subscription fee deduction. In such a case, in order to maintain access to the service, you will be required to make the subscription payment and renew it manually.
51. If you purchase a Paid Subscription with no Trial Free Plan, you agree you have fourteen (14) days after your purchase to withdraw for any reason and must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind. You expressly consent to us providing you with the service immediately following your purchase, that you lose your right of withdrawal, and authorise Legal Data to charge you automatically each month until you cancel. Refunds to your bank account are possible only to the bank account used for the Subscription payment.
52. All Legal Data Services may not be available to all Users or Participants. We will explain which Services are available to you when you are signing up for the Services. If you cancel your subscription to the Legal Data Pro Plan or Free Plan or other, or if your subscription to the Legal Data Pro Plan or Free Plan is interrupted (for example, if you change your payment details), you may not be able to re-subscribe for the Legal Data Pro Plan or Free Plan. Note that the Legal Data Pro Plan or Free Plan may be discontinued in the future, in which case you will no longer be charged for the Service.Payments between Participants and Lawyers
53. Except for our limited role in processing payments that you authorise or initiate, we are not involved in any underlying transactions between you and any other Participants or Lawyers registered in our Service. We are not a bank and do not offer banking services. We do not guarantee payment on behalf of any Participant. We do not act as a sales agent in connection with any sale or purchase by you of goods or services to any person. We do not control the quality, suitability, safety, reliability, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services that you may purchase or sell between our Participants, Lawyers or any third parties.Availability
54. An Offer for Legal Data Pro Plan or Free Plan must be accepted before the applicable expiration date advertised or announced, if any. Except where prohibited by law, Legal Data reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate an Offer at any time and for any reason, in which case we will not honour subsequent Offer enrollments.