Last updated: April 19th, 2023
, which outlines how we use your personal information, because when you use Legal Data Platform and services you agree to all these terms and policies.Registration and General Terms
1. By registering or sign up for an account or use our Platform provided by Legal Data LTD (“Legal Data”), you agree to this Agreement. Legal Data may also be referred to as "we," "our," or "us", "Platform" or “Service”. As the individual or Participant ("you" or "your") registering for our services, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement ("Contract" or “Terms & Conditions”), to enter into a legally binding contract with Legal Data (even if you are using our Platform on behalf of a company) and follow all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree to this Terms & Conditions, do not click registration bottom “Become a participant” or “Join”, “Get 3 contacts now” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use our Platform. If you wish to terminate this contract, you can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. By engaging in the purchase of products through use of the Platform, you acknowledge and agree to the conditions governing transactions and payments.
3. Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall be also subject to this Agreement. Legal Data reserves the right to update and change this Terms & Conditions by posting updates and changes to the Legal Data website. You are advised to check this Agreement from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you. You can always check the current version of this Agreement at https://legal-data.tech/terms
. We agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you object to any changes, you may terminate this contract without reimbursement of fees for services.
4. Term. The Agreement will take effect from the date you agree to it (by electronic confirmation of acceptance) and will continue as long as you use the Service, or until it is terminated by you or us in accordance with this Agreement, or until both parties to the Agreement have complied with it.
5. Service Eligibility. You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use our Service.
6. Compliance with Applicable Laws. As a condition of use, you undertake not to use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement, nor to infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party, nor for any other purpose not reasonably foreseen by us. You agree to use the Service in accordance with all local, state, federal and international laws, rules and regulations.
7. Legal Data reserves the right to investigate any complaints or reports of violations of this Agreement and take appropriate action, including but not limited to reporting any suspected illegal activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any necessary or appropriate information. As an illustration and not a limitation, the Service must not be used to:
• Impersonate, insult, harass, threaten, or intimidate any individual.
• Post or transmit messages or offers with the intention of obtaining a password, account, or personal information from any Participants.
• Your Create or transmit unsolicited "spam" to anyone.
• Transmit Content that contains viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses, or other Content designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functionality of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment, or to gain unauthorized access to any data or other information.
• Transmit Content that infringes on any proprietary rights of any party, including but not limited to patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, rights of public use, or other rights.
8. Assignment. Any attempt by you to assign this Agreement or any rights or information granted under it, without our express written consent, will be null and void.
9. If a court with authority over this Agreement finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Agreement.
10. This Agreement (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Service) is the only agreement between us regarding the Service and supersedes all prior agreements for the Service.Our Service and Participants
11. For Participants searching for a lawyer. For Participants requesting a lawyer search, we will utilize our algorithm to select the three most suitable candidates for you, and we will provide you with their contact information with their explicit consent and permission. For Participants offering legal help (lawyer, attorney). For Participants offering legal help, we offer powerful ways to present your knowledge, experience and expertise, and to connect this to relevant help seekers, our Participants.
12. Verification. We make efforts to verify Participants, which may include the use of a third-party identity verification service. However, online identification is difficult. For these reasons, Legal Data cannot and does not represent or guarantee the veracity or accuracy of the credentials or identity provided by Participants. We recommend that all Participants investigate any other Participant before accepting any type of professional advice. Recipients can always request a written legal engagement agreement setting out the terms, scope, limitations and conditions of representation.
13. We do not endorse or approve lawyers' qualifications. You retain control over your choice of lawyer. Before hiring a lawyer, always carefully review the lawyer's knowledge and experience and obtain a letter of commitment detailing the terms of representation, including all fees, expenses and other obligations. The service can require and recommend standard engagement letters for lawyers providing legal aid and finding clients through our service.
14. No lawyer (attorney)–client relationship with Legal Data. As a Participants you have access to data from lawyers independent of Legal Data to suit your legal needs. Legal Data is not a law firm and our staff do not act as your lawyer (attorney). We do not give legal advice or offer legal services and are not required to be licensed to provide legal services. No attorney-client relationship will be created between you and Legal Data when using the Service. The Platform are not a substitute for legal advice and do not create the legal effects of a legal services contract.
15. Only discuss Confidential Information with your solicitor. You may be offered services, products and promotions provided or linked to websites operated by solicitors whose contacts we will provide you with. If you decide to use these services, it is your responsibility to read and understand the terms and conditions relating to these services. You agree that Legal Data will not be responsible for the delivery of any such services provided by lawyers, including the provision of unqualified assistance and legal services. You must not provide any confidential information on the Platform. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure the confidentiality of requests and other personal communications sent to the Platform, but we cannot guarantee confidentiality. You should only discuss confidential information directly with a lawyer who has determined that they have no conflict of interest and guarantees confidentiality.
16. Formal application for legal assistance. You acknowledge that your use of the Platform does not in itself create a lawyer (attorney)-client relationship. A lawyer (attorney)-client relationship cannot be formed until there is a direct contract between the recipient of a legal service and a lawyer, Legal Data is not a party to such a contract. If a lawyer determines that there is a conflict of interest, they will not be able to represent you. Any lawyer may also decline to represent you for any other reason. The lawyer-client privilege is a set of rules governing lawyer designed to encourage full and frank communication between a client and his or her lawyer. It applies to communication with a lawyer when a client seeks legal advice. By using the Service to find and communicate with a lawyer, you agree that communication through the Platform will not be protected by this privilege. To be sure that lawyer (attorney)-client privilege applies, you should sign a formal engagement agreement with a lawyer. For communications requiring confidentiality, you should conduct these outside of the Service. We do not provide legal services to Participants on our own behalf and we have no obligation to any Participant in relation to lawyer (attorney)-client privilege.
17. No Responsibility for Other Participants. We want you to be aware that any reviews, price quotes, proposals, profiles or other content provided by lawyers or other Participants through our Service do not guarantee or predict the outcome of any legal matter. Legal Data assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions or omissions of Participants, or for their compliance with applicable laws and regulations, agreements with third parties, or duties. Any use or reliance on any such content, products or services provided by lawyers is solely at your own risk.
18. Your responsibility for your interactions. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Participants or Lawyers. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to control disputes between you and other Participants.Payments
19. If you buy any of our paid Services, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services. Also, you agree that,
• Legal Data uses the Stripe system (Stripe Payments UK, Ltd) to process payments. We do not store or share any personal information associated with a payment (like Credit Card number, owner, or expiration date). Some information available in Stripe is stored on Stripe as part of the transaction history, therefore we can also store Stripe transaction ID.
• By accessing or using out paid Services, you agree to be bound by this Terms & Conditions and in the Payment Services Agreement
on the official Stripe United Kingdom website, as the same may be modified by us or Stripe from time to time.
• Stripe provides Authorised Payment Services, which means the Services that the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority has authorised to provide, which are listed at here
and acts as a Payment Method Acquirer.
• Some Payment Methods require redirection to the Internet Banking page. If you use the Internet Bank Payment Method, you need to verify that the redirection has occurred by displaying the bank's URL in the address bar of your browser and you are able to view the security certificate for the bank's Internet Bank page.
• The final charge, including all taxes, will be displayed before the order is made. The amount of VAT, which may be added to the charge, will be added depending on the location and legal entity of the purchaser.
• Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
20. Legal data is not responsible for the operation of the Stripe payment system. In the event of problems during the payment process, please contact the Stripe payment processor directly.Payments between Participants and Lawyers
21. Except for our limited role in processing payments that you authorise or initiate, we are not involved in any underlying transactions between you and any other Participants or Lawyers registered in our Service. We are not a bank and do not offer banking services. We do not guarantee payment on behalf of any Participant. We do not act as a sales agent in connection with any sale or purchase by you of goods or services to any person. We do not control the quality, suitability, safety, reliability, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services that you may purchase or sell between our Participants, Lawyers or any third parties.Your privacy
23. To exercise your rights, you may contact our DPO at email@example.com
. If you are a resident of the EEA and you believe our processing of your information is not in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct your questions or complaints to the Irish Data Protection Commission. If you are a resident of the UK, you may direct your questions or concerns to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Legal Data Ltd identified as your data controller.Privacy of Others
24. If you receive information about others through the use of Service, you must keep such information confidential and may only use it in connection with the Service. You may not disclose or distribute any such information to third parties or use any such information for marketing purposes unless you have received explicit consent from the user to do so. You represent to us that you are and will continue to be in compliance with all applicable privacy laws.Notices and Messages
25. You agree that we will provide you with disclosures, notices about the Service and messages to you by posting such disclosures and notices on our website, by sending by email to the email address specified in your registration to keep your contact information up to date. You also agree that electronic disclosures and notices have the same value and effect as if we had provided you with a paper copy. Such disclosures and notices will be deemed received by you within 24 hours of being posted on our website or emailed to you, unless we receive notice that the email has not been delivered. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to control and limit messages you receive from us.References to Our Relationship
26. In reference to our relationship, you acknowledge that we have the right to identify you as a customer or Participant from the moment you register or start receiving our Service. It is prohibited for both parties to suggest any false sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation between you and us.Additional Services
27. Time to time we may offer you extra features or additional services. These services may have different rules or conditions compared to this Service. Before using any additional service, you need to agree to the specific rules that apply to that service. It's important to note that your use of additional services won't affect the rules of this Agreement that apply to the Platform, unless we explicitly state otherwise.Disclaimer and Limit of LiabilityNo Warranty
28. LEGAL DATA MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, LEGAL DATA DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
29. THE DISCLAIMING ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY OR A LAWYER, WHICH CONTACTS WAS PROVIDING BY LEGAL DATA, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND LEGAL DATA WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND LAWYERS OR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.Exclusion of Liability
30. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS LEGAL DATA HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), LEGAL DATA WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HACKING, TAMPERING. LEGAL DATA WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR ANY AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS (A) THE TOTAL FEES PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO LEGAL DATA FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF THIS CONTRACT, IF ANY.
31. THE DISCLAIMING ENTITIES ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (A) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE PLATFORM SERVICES; (B) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF SERVERS USED IN CONNECTION WITH SERVICE AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (C) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (D) ANY SOFTWARE BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION, IN EACH CASE EMAILED, STORED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; AND/OR (F) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
32. FOR CLARIFICATION, THESE TERMS DO NOT LIMIT LEGAL DATA'S LIABILITY FOR FRAUD, FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW WOULD PROHIBIT SUCH A LIMITATION AND FOR ANY OTHER LIABILITY THAT, BY APPLICABLE LAW, MAY NOT BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED.
33. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS. THE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF THE DISCLAIMING ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
34. THE FOREGOING WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
35. In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, the laws of the England and Wales govern all claims related to Legal Data provision of the Service, but this shall not deprive you of the mandatory consumer protections under the law of the country to which we direct your Service where you have habitual residence. With respect to jurisdiction, you and Legal Data agree to choose the courts of the country to which we direct your Service where you have habitual residence for all disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or in the alternative, you may choose the responsible court in the United Kingdom.Changes
36. Legal Data reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Terms & Conditions at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Terms & Conditions, Legal Data can notify you by posting an announcement on the site. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Legal Data sole discretion. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Using any service or viewing any content following notification of a material change to this Terms & Conditions shall constitute your acceptance of the Policy as modified.About us
37. Legal Data Ltd (company number 14787039), we use Payment System Stripe. We welcome your comments or questions about this Terms & Conditions. You may also contact us at email@example.com
or +44 203 59 70 977